Bacciardi Partners has assisted the holding company headed by entrepreneur Fabio Garavini in finalizing the sale of 70 percent of the capital of MESPIC S.r.l. – an Italian company specializing in the design, production and marketing of complete end-of-line plants – to I.M.A, a world leader in the field of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food, tea and coffee products.
Through this transaction, I.M.A. S.p.A. goes on to integrate its portfolio of end-of-line solutions by acquiring a majority shareholding interest in MESPIC S.r.l., which represents a reference point for all secondary packaging and packaging needs.
As part of the transaction, Fabio Garavini will continue to be involved in the management of MESPIC S.r.l, to guarantee and maintain the added value of the experience and high specialization achieved over the years. All of MESPIC’s workforce will be retained and enhanced.
The multidisciplinary team of Bacciardi Partners, operating from the Bologna office, has entirely handled the transaction by:
- conceiving the future growth strategy, developing a prospective business plan and finalizing the resulting business valuation;
- negotiating the economic and financial elements of the prospective transaction with I.M.A. S.p.A;
- interacting with the due diligence team appointed by I.M.A. S.p.A;
- reviewing, negotiating and finalizing the letter of intent and further preliminary contractual arrangements, the preliminary agreement for the sale and purchase of equity investments, the shareholders’ agreement, the contractual arrangements signed with key people, and the contractual terms in accordance with Fabio Garavini, that will hold the position of CEO in MESPIC;
- managing the signing, interim and closing formalities.
Bacciardi Partners acted through its Partner Renato Capanna, Senior Advisor Manuela Santini for the Corporate Finance division and through its Partner Pier Federico Orciari and Associate Irene Cappelli for the legal and tax division, with the general coordination of managing partner Lorenzo Bacciardi, LL.M.
«Bacciardi Partners, thanks to its well-established multidisciplinary integration of legal and financial expertise applied to M&A transactions, is able to assist Italian medium-sized companies, recurrently of family origin, in conceiving, managing and successfully concluding integration transactions with Italian and foreign entrepreneurial excellences such as, in the present case, I.M.A.» commented managing partner Lorenzo Bacciardi, LL.M.
For the tax aspects of the transaction, the seller was assisted by Dr. Maurizio Morganti, name partner of Studio Morganti Dottori Commercialisti.
For the buyer I.M.A. S.p.A., the firm Poggi & Associati intervened with a team coordinated by the partner Emanuele Gnugnoli and the attorney Massimo Castiglioni, assisted for legal aspects by attorney Marella Lavarone and, for tax aspects, by partner Pasquale Murgo and Luca Fantinel.