The Department of International Taxation assists Italian and foreign companies in their cross-border commercial and corporate transactions, both in the field of corporate and individual income tax as well as in the area of VAT.
In the field of corporate and individual income tax, the Department provides tax advice and assistance in relation to:
- The correct interpretation and application of the International Treaties for the avoidance of double taxation;
- The existence of a permanent establishment in Italy and abroad; as well as the proper determination of the business profits attributable to the permanent establishment;
- The tax treatment of dividends and cross-border inbound and outbound payment flows;
- Transfer Pricing, intra-group agreements, and benchmark analysis to support transfer pricing policies;
- Taxation of expatriates and impatriates;
- Taxation of M&A transactions;
- Management of tax audits and tax litigation cases.
In the area of VAT, the Department provides tax advice and assistance in relation to:
- The assessment of the correct VAT treatment of – and the consequent invoicing flow related to – cross-border commercial transactions, both within and outside the European Union;
- The establishment and proper management of consignment stock/call-off stock relationships and warehouses of goods in Italy and abroad, including VAT warehouses;
- The VAT issues arising from e-commerce and digital services in general.
The Department of International Taxation also assists clients in navigating tax obligations and formalities provided for by tax rules applicable in foreign countries where clients do business. This is possible thanks to the extensive international network of Bacciardi and Partners consisting of highly reputed foreign tax advisers and accountants.