October 26th, 2021 – 10.00 am – 13.00 am
The e-commerce market keeps growing in the post-Covid phase, attracting consumers of different ages and generating a significant turnover increase of the companies that sells their products or services on-line.
For a profitable use of e-commerce, however, it is necessary for the online selling companies to oversee a series of legal, financial, logistical and customs aspects, which mainly involve:
- the choice between creating a company-owned website or using a third party’s marketplace;
- the management of a website for sales to consumers, business entities or both;
- the management of the activities of administration, storage and delivery of products and / or provision of services, collection of fees, management of returns, etc.;
- the proper contractual arrangements governing the relations between the company and all the involved e-commerce service providers;
- the proper contractual arrangements governing the sale of products and / or the provision of services through the website;
- the regulation of the customs formalities connected with indirect e-commerce;
- the recent customs simplifications for managing the returns of goods, with particular reference to the Easy Free Back streamlined procedure introduced by the Italian Customs Agency;
- the protection of the company’s trademarks and distinctive signs.
The webinar has a practical and operational approach.
The speakers are professionals with a long and consolidated experience in international commercial law, international corporate law, international taxation, customs and transport law.
The speech is in Italian.