How to carry out appropriate checks for proper enforcement of sanctions and how to implement the best safeguard measures in the contracts.
Friday, May 27th, 2022 – 10.30 am – 12.30 am on Zoom, the experts Enzo Bacciardi, Cristina Piangatello, Tommaso Mancini and Flavia Sabbatini will lecture a webinar entitled: “THE SANCTIONS AGAINST RUSSIA: appropriate checks for proper enforcement and the contractual safeguard measures to be taken“, organised by Camera di Commercio della Romagna and Bacciardi Partners.
As of February 24, 2022, the EU has imposed several sanctions packages on Russia and Belarus, including individual sanctions, economic sanctions, and diplomatic measures.
Individual sanctions are targeted restrictive measures imposed against a wide range of individuals, entities and organizations for a total of 80 entities and 1093 individuals.
Economic sanctions consist of bans and restrictive measures on trade of goods concerning the import/export of products and raw materials in the following sectors: financial; energy; transportation; defense; raw materials and other goods.
During the webinar, the speakers will explain and clarify:
- how to identify the sanctions measures in order to avoid their breaching;
- how to verify the application of sanctions, through due diligences on individuals and products;
- how to implement the best safeguard measures, in order to mitigate the risks related to company operativeness in sanctioned countries;
- how to implement a Sanction Compliance Program or an Internal Compliance Program for the adequate evaluation of company risk, in order to protect individual and company responsibilities;
- how to deal with triangulations, intermediaries, foreign subsidiaries.
The speech will be in Italian.